Just in time for the holidays, we've created a few themed gift guides to help you shop local this year! All items can be purchased from local businesses here in Brantford. Please remember to practice current health guidelines, and consider reaching out to these businesses to ask about alternative shopping options, like curb side pickup or delivery.
Gifts for Health and Wellness
- Jade Yoga Mat from Modo Yoga Brantford - Whether you’re practicing safely and socially‑distanced in‑studio, or you’re attending virtual classes from home, a Jade yoga mat is a great gift for the yogi in your life. Jade yoga mats are eco‑friendly, come in a rainbow of colours, and the company plants a tree for every mat sold. Pick yours up at Modo Yoga Brantford at 53 Dalhousie Street, Brantford.
- Beeswax Wraps from Kar’s Natural Kreations - This is your one‑stop handmade stop for environmentally friendly products for your loved one. Made in small batches and sold without excess packaging, the bamboo dental floss, dish scrubbies, and gorgeous printed beeswax wraps (to replace plastic wrap), all make amazing stocking stuffers. Help preserve our environment and invest in a locally business to double your impact.
- Floatation Therapy Package from Nu-U-Float - If your loved one needs some quiet, relaxing time to themselves, gift them a certificate or package to Nu‑U‑Float. Their floatation therapy centre offers a sensory deprivation experience that involves lying in a salt water solution that facilitates relaxation, eases chronic pain, and leads to a natural state of calmness that can help you fall asleep faster and deeper. Call 519-304-6100 or visit Nu‑U‑Float to book your floatation therapy experience at 200 Grand River Ave., Brantford.
Gifts for the Foodie
- Premium Olive Oils & Aged Balsamic Vinegars from The Olive Oil Co. - Located at 358 King George Rd. in Brantford, The Olive Oil Co. is heaven for a foodie. Their ultra premium extra virgin olive oils are the healthiest and freshest available, and come in unique flavours like chipotle, blood orange, and more. Pair with a white or dark balsamic vinegar imported from Modena, Italy.
- Flavoured Scottish Shortbreads from Corr Blimey’s British Shoppe - Located at 170 Brantwood Park Rd., Corr Blimey's offers an enormous array of nostalgic, British treats. Reid’s Scottish Shortbreads make a great stocking stuffer and range in flavour from traditional, to blue cheese and walnut, to raspberry white chocolate. Add some British tea and bundle up these treats for a sweet surprise!
- Brantford Eats Local Booklet from Tourism Brantford - Invest in local restaurants and your own community! Our Brantford Eats Local booklets are only $10 with all proceeds going toward the local Soup for the Soul program. The booklet is full of 21 exclusive food offers that are valid through April 30, 2021. When you’re looking for a great teacher or staff gift, or another great stocking stuffer to finish off your gifting, a Brantford Eats Local booklet is the perfect choice. Visit our blog post to learn more.
Gifts for the Outdoors Enthusiast
- Chilly Moose Coolers from Strodes - If your loved one is an avid camper, road tripper, or backyard BBQer, this cooler by Chilly Moose would be the perfect gift. We love the variety of colours and styles, and even better ‑ they are made in Canada. Visit Strodes at 403 Fairview Dr. in Brantford for a great selection of products for that outdoor enthusiast in your life.
- Fishing Tackle and Supplies from H & H Tackle - If your loved one is an angler, then H & H Tackle is your one‑stop gift giving stop! Located at 53 Colborne St., Brantford, H & H Tackle is fully stocked with a vast selection of lures and baits, spinning rods, reels, waders, and tackle bags to wrap up for your loved ones.
- Gift Certificate for a Paddling Experience - Gift the gift of an exhilarating day on the Grand River! Area outfitters Grand Experiences and Grand River Rafting both offer paddling trips aboard “turbo tubes,” canoes and kayaks, and SUPs (stand up paddleboard). You can even splurge on quality Canadian‑made kayaks, canoes, and SUPs by shopping Grand Experiences’ 2020 Christmas and pre‑season sale online.
Gifts for Kids
- Personalized Message from The Glass Slipper Co. - Make your child’s holiday dreams come true! This magical business offers Christmas letters, video messages from princesses, story time, and even scavenger hunts.
Membership to The Brant-Brantford Twin Valley Zoo - For the animal-loving kid in your life, consider picking them up a family membership to the Brant‑Brantford Twin Valley Zoo. This zoo is such a short drive from home, and is the perfect size for families to explore. We can’t wait until they can reopen their goat petting and feeding area, but in the meantime, their lions, tiger, zebras and monkeys are pretty incredible too.
Equipment from Brant Sports Excellence - Located at 415 Fairview Dr., Brant Sports Excellence is the perfect holiday shopping spot for any sport enthusiast. They have an amazing array of sports equipment and accessories for hockey, soccer, baseball and more, and now offer custom engraving for their hockey sticks.
Looking for more gift guides? Follow Tourism Brantford on Instagram (@tourismbrantford) to browse the full list and discover even more shop local gift ideas.