Canadian Women and Sport is now accepting applications for the WISE Fund Grant. Funded by the Government of Canada, this grant is to build capacity for gender equity within organizations and support them to expand quality opportunities for girls and women to participate and lead in sport.
With the support of Sport Canada, the 2021 WISE Fund will grant 30 organizations $2,500 to advance gender equality in Canadian sport.
Who is eligible?
- Organizations and/or initiatives that help keep girls and women participating in sport throughout their lives
- Initiatives that increase the leadership capacity of girls in women in sport Initiatives that enhance an organization’s capacity for gender equity
- Organizations and/or initiatives that focus on supporting marginalized girls and women in sport
*Canadian Women & Sport does not require that initiatives include only women and girls. Supported initiatives have objectives that advance gender equity and are inclusive beyond the gender binary.
- Applications open: Tuesday, October 13
- Applications close: Monday, November 9
- Recipient announcements: Early March 2021
- Grant money must be spent by March 1, 2022
For more information about who should apply and how, visit the Canadian Women and Sport WISE Grant Fund page.
Formally launched in 1981, Canadian Women & Sport was founded to advocate for progressive change within Canada’s sport system. Its goal was to see the enhanced presence of girls and women at all levels and in all areas – as athletes, participants, leaders, officials, coaches and trainers.
Since 2004, Canadian Women and Sport has awarded $250,000 in grants through our WISE Fund to leaders and organizations across Canada.