COVID-19 has had a significant impact on the non-profit sector across Ontario. The Ontario government, through the Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF), has announced an investment of $83 million to assist non-profit organizations in their medium to long-term recovery planning. Both individuals and businesses benefit from the essential programs and services provided by local non-profit organizations, and the Ontario government recognizes their critical role as the economy works to rebuild and recover.
The OTF’s Resilient Communities Fund is a one-time fund to support non-profit organizations in effectively meeting the needs of communities throughout Ontario by complimenting local, provincial and federal pre-existing emergency response funding. Eligible non-profit organizations such as food banks, child/youth programming, and Royal Canadian Legion branches can apply for a grant of up to $150,000 to help rebuild and recover from COVID-19.
This fund is allowing organizations to apply for capital and non-capital costs over two deadlines – September 2, 2020 and December 2, 2020. The OTF is hoping that the $150,000 maximum grant per organization will allow for a wide range of organizations to receive funding to recover and build resiliency for future demands and impacts.
Who Is Eligible?
- Community-based or provincial non-profit organizations with projects and programs or services that take place in Ontario and benefit people in Ontario communities.
- Organizations need to have experienced disruptions to their operation and delivery of programs or services due to the impacts of COVID-19
- The organization or project must meet the OTF’s Eligibility Policy.
- The organization must meet the OTF’s Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- Minimum of one fiscal year of financial statements from the date of incorporation or charitable registration.
- Applicants can identify with one of six Action Areas that their organization’s mission/mandate is most aligned with including: Active People, Connected People, Green People, Inspired People, Promising Young People, and Prosperous People.
What Is Eligible?
- Community-based projects or activities that support rebuilding the capacity of non-profit organizations that have been impacted by COVID-19.
Assistance needed for:
- Organizational training or coaching, strategic planning, research and development, mental and physical health and well-being supports.
- Improving financial well-being by accessing financial resources or developing new/alternative sources of revenue.
- Adapting to a new style of delivering programming or services that meet the needs of the community, employees, and volunteers.
- Procuring new equipment or renovating to meet the changing needs of the organization’s programs or services.
- Collaborating with other organizations to meet the needs of the communities.
For full details on the Resilient Communities Fund including eligibility and resources, please visit www.otf.ca/resilient-communities-fund. For information about the application process or for technical assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-263-2887.